Amy started improvising with Edmonton’s Rapid Fire Theatre in 2002, where she served as Artistic Director for six years. Amy performs regularly in Theatresports, Maestro, and CHiMPROV (Rapid Fire’s weekly long form show), as well as guesting with other companies around the globe. Since stepping back as Artistic Director in 2015, Amy now spends her time between Edmonton and Vancouver.
Amy is experienced in short form game play (Theatresports, Maestro), as well as long form structures (Structured Harold, Tap Out, Deconstruction). She performs and tours with Rapid Fire Theatre’s Off Book: The Improvised Musical, as well as in her duo Rå Power, with Joleen Ballendine.
Improv has taken Amy many places. She is so pleased to have been able to take part in the following festivals:
- The Vancouver International Improv Festival (Vancouver)
- Picnic Impro’s Monkeyfest (Bogota)
- IF (Winnipeg)
- Teatribu’s Lost in Translation (Milan)
- Wurzburger Impro Festival (Wurzburg, Germany)
- VTSL’s St. Valentine’s Day Massacre Theatresports Tournament (Vancouver)
- Fools Fest (Regina)
- Dad’s Garage World Domination Theatresports Tournament (Atlanta)
- Impro (Berlin)
As a player Amy Shostak is the rare combo of technician and musician. She understands what a piece needs intellectually and plays with abandon. She’s a narrative and genre dynamo who brings fun and commitment to every scene she is in. Whenever luck has it that we’re in the same city I delight in the chance to play with herChristian Capozzoli